Thursday, September 4, 2008

A new school year has begun!!! YEAH!!!!


From new shoes....to new school supplies...

and new clothes

these girls are ready to rock and roll!!!

First day of school, how exciting! Madie woke up at 5:30 AM and was mad that I wouldn't let her get up and get ready for school. She called to me at 6 and again at 6:15 and then again at 6:30, all with the same question "Is it time NOW?" Finally I relented and let her out of her room just before 7am. Luckily they were so excited to get ready for school that they were done and fully ready to walk out the door by 7:15. With one hour to go before we could leave, we did all of our chores and then did pictures and still had time to spare. Madie was the most impatient, but we worked it out.
Here are the girls walking to school,

past the construction that is still going on at there school.
Madie thrilled to be in here class.

Madie was even more excited to be in school, so much so that she came into the class room and dumped her supplies on the floor (literally) and then got distracted and left them there while she went off to do something else.
Cadie on the other hand had a little bit of a hard time adjusting to a new class and a new teacher and new kids. She did eventually calm done, but not enough for me to get her picture. Now she loves school, her teacher and doesn't hesitate to leave for school. She just gets nervous when change happens.
The first day the girls were in school I took the day off, mostly because I was woke up at 5 something in the morning. Shawn came home sick too, so nothing got done Tuesday. Yesterday I didn't sit around, I had too many errands to run. By the time I got home I was really tired and the headache started. But I got a lot done. Today I don't know what we are going to do. Naomee has an open house at her preschool today and so she is thrilled to be going to her school today. The ward Daddy/Daughter is friday and so Shawn is taking the girls out of school early so they can spend most of the day together, and because they have to leave camp at like 6am to get to Madie's soccer game. (We would just let her miss the game, except Shawn is the coach. So they both can't miss it, besides it is the first game.)
Well that is enough for today.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear about the girls and their enthusiasm for the new school year to begin. I hope it continues for them. Hope you are all feeling well and miss hearing from you especially about your trip to Colorado. I heard from the others and got their pictures. Love you and wish you all a good year. Mom and Grandma Kaylin

Ariana said...

Fun fun! Glad everybody had a good day. What's all the construction at the school? Are they adding to it?

Anonymous said...

Glad they like it! I love new shoes, supplies etc!

They are growing up to fast! Cadie bug needs to get small again and "want her Jen"!! makes me sad how fast she has been growing and changing! Hope they continue to enjoy school this yr! :)

NW Harbert's said...

Kaylin, I have some pictures for you I just haven't sent them. I thought I had sent you the ones from snapfish, but I will send them to you. Sorry!
Ariana, The construction is about adding 12 new class rooms to the end of the school and they made a new office and bigger cafeteria. The classrooms won't be finished until next spring. But it will be nice.

Jenn Bosh said...

They have gotten to big. I hat the fact that you guys live so far away. I miss it when you guys would come up from Provo and I could be the cool Aunt Jenn.

Anonymous said...

New clothes, new pictures to be posted?! Still awaiting..... :)

amylynnpaulson said...

Your kids are getting so big! What a lovely family!
The Paulsons

Becca said...

Wow, sounds like a busy few days! The new school year is always crazy for the firs few weeks then the next thing you know it's over! It's so fun to read about how all of you are doing. Say Hi to everyone!