Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Naomee's new talents!

Naomee has decided she wants to be a hairdresser. She has discovered that she likes to do her own hair. This is just one of her creations. She really wanted me to take a picture of it.

She has also started to write, but she doesn't know what she is writing. She can just copies letters, which to me is pretty surprising. She can duplicate them almost perfectly.


If you look carefully you can see the words "Tillamook Premium Ice cream" written among other letters.


She asked me if I had written on this bucket, (which I had when I put oatmeal in it), and then asked if she could write on it too. I said sure, thinking that she would just color on it. When she showed me her work, it shocked me that she had copied the words that were written on the bucket, even the ones I had written. (Quick Oats). She had been very excited about writing lately, and learning all her numbers. We have finished of several workbooks, between Sacrament meeting and home time. She will go far in school I think. I don't see her having some of the same hang ups as her sisters have had to face. At least that is my hope.

4 comments:

Ariana said...

Yay Naomee!! Those are some nice letters! I bet she'll be reading before you know it.

Anonymous said...

Good job Nao!! Way cute!! :) I LOVE that stage! Even if I used to find random letters drawn on furniture or walls it is still fun to see them grow and learn.
She can do my hair next time I visit! ")

Laura D said...

That is great! She writes better than Jared and Zach together!

Becca said...

I can't believe how grown up she is! And now, another one coming soon...CRAZY! She's super cute!