Sunday, November 16, 2008

7 Days and Counting!

In the 7 1/2 years we have lived in Oregon, we have been home once for Thanksgiving and not at all for Christmas. This year we are going to go to my parents house for Thanksgiving. I just wish Shawn's parents were in town for the Holiday, then we would be able to spend time with them too. I feel like we are the Prodigal children, returning home for the first time in a long time. Granted we do go home at least once a year, usually in the summer. (I don't like to travel in the winter and we can't afford to fly.) I am looking forward to the celebrations, especially since Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am EXCITED for you guys! It Will be a lot of fun!! :) Happy you will get to see you're Grandma! Enjoy every second of this trip! Thanksgiving is soo much fun! Eating and Eating and Eating all the YUMMY foods!! We are excited for our time in St. George for Thanksgiving. We will be there 3-4 days!

Janae said...

We're excited that you are coming too!!

The Grahams said...

It's always nice to go home for the holidays- especially when it's Thanksgiving and you won't have to do all the cooking and cleaning up after everyone leaves! Have a great time!

Ariana said...

We're excited to see you guys...I'm planning on coming to your baby shower but I'm not sure how long I can stay. It will be fun to see you though!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Cadie!! Party Friday sounds fun! Hope rest of week goes smooth!