Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Another First



So here is another first. I have worked at 2 different pet stores and picked up a lot of garden snakes in my time. This is first time I have ever been bitten by a snake. It was just a little garden snake in a friends yard. It was really interesting to feel, not a sharp cut or anything, but they have a strong mouth. Surprisingly it even bleed. A new first for me. Naomee found a snake in our yard a few months ago and we stuck it in a garden in our yard. Then our neighbor brought us one that he picked up from his yard the other day. We left it in the jar in our house overnight. I don't know why, I think I wanted the kids to all be home when I released it. Well, I went to release it and it was gone. So it is loose some where in the house. I have searched for it for a long time and in some strange places (garbage disposal is one of them). Cadie for the first few hours kept her feet off the floor, but still no sign of the snake. Luckily it is very small snake and not likely to cause too much trouble.
The tiny red mark on my hand, which may be hard to see, is the bite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ew Ew! *LOL* Duane would do the same but as for me I wont touch them!! Love hair like that by the way! :)

suprbacana said...

That is hilarious! Well not the bite part....the loose snake in the house part!I hope it doesnt go die in a corner somewhere and get stinky. Maybe your dog could find it at the point. ;-)