Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sunday Meetings


Today we went to sacrament meeting as usual. And as usual I learned something new while listening to the speakers. But this time it is different. It was heavier. Well, as this speaker put it, it was of weightier matters. Steve Garrity, who some of you know and some don't know, is an excellent speaker. You wouldn't necessarily gather that from a normal conversation from him, but he really is a profound thinker. I have been wondering about a few things lately, and wondering how to go about a change for the better in my life. Well, believe it or not, it was spelled out for me today. I learned that simple is the way to go. Being on time is of great importance, but not if it means causing problems in your family. Your family is who you will live with in Heaven, not the person you are trying to be like, or the one you compete with at work for the employee of the month award. Your family is your most prized possession, not the nicest car or biggest house. Making your family life the best it can be, should be one of the most important things in your life. A Safe Haven! I wish I had been taking notes in this sacrament meeting, it really struck a cord with me and for that I am most grateful.

I am really grateful for the family I have, my kids are really great kids and I know we chose each other in the preexistence. I want to challenge myself to see that the little things are more important than the big things. I want my kids to know that my undivided attention is on them and their accomplishments, not that they came in slamming the door.

I love each of my friends and other family members out there reading this, and want you to know it.

Love,

Heather

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes for sure!! Hope that helped you and life continues to be good. Funny how sometimes stuff clicks. :)

Ariana said...

I wouldn't quite imagine Steve as a deep thinker....he just seems so silly all the time! ha ha ha He's cool though. I am sad I missed his talk--sounds like it was awesome.

Our Stake Pres. here spoke in our ward yesterday....Jeff had a chance to talk to him during EQ. Turns out they are from the SAME GRADUATING class at Orem High. That makes the Stake Pres. 32 years old. Holy cow, that's the youngest I think I have ever heard of a Stake pres being in Utah. So jeff is a little nervous ........I guess no calling off the table. :-) haha

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.