Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A first for everything..Right?

So they say there is a first for everything. Well here is my first for today. I have never done a blog and have only read one in my life. So this is a new experience for me. I would like to think this will be a great adventure for me. I am very excited.
I don't have much to say today, except that everything here is going good. The girls are enjoying life, summer, summer school, swimming, their new playground, all of life in general really.
Madie just had to have 2 fillings done today. Poor kid has had 4 cavities and 1 crown before she was 6. (Although 2 of them didn't get filled till after she turned 6). And to add more insult to this she doesn't even have a loose tooth yet. She hasn't lost any teeth. But as a consulation for having all this done we have found out what a brave soul she is. She has sat through all of these procedures with no complaints. Not one. (except that she doesn't want to be there, but who can blame her.)
At the end of last month Cadie conquered a long standing fear and saw the dentist for the first time. It was very successful visit, with cleaning and xrays and NO tears. She allowed the dentist to clean her teeth, scrap them, floss them and for xrays to be done. This, as many of you know, is a HUGE accomplishment for her.
Naomee, well she just keeps me busy. I don't know what else to say except that she is very high-spirited and loving all at the same time. I believe that she was a cat in a former life. She loves to rub her face on your face and if you would let her she would lick your hand too. She can say some of the funniest things, like this time we were in Home Depot and she had to go to the bathroom. So I took her over to the bathrooms and she tells me "we need to go into the boys bathroom" so I say to her, "why, you're not a boy." and she says "yes I am, I am a boy" I asked since when have you been a boy? "Since today," she said as if totally convinced of this. While we proceeded with using the girls bathroom, since mommy was indeed a girl, she continues this conversation. She continues with such determination that I could hear the women in the stall next to us stifling a giggle. I bet she enjoyed her visit to the "Womens" room that day.
There are so many others that I could tell you about and I will as they happen. That is my goal for this blog, to keep you updated on my family. Thanks for taking time to read this.
Love, Heather

0 comments: